- Supplemental Instruction
- Academic Success Coaching
- About Us
LASSO Supplemental Instruction
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a free, peer-led studying opportunity for students enrolled in historically challenging courses and gateway courses. Sessions are led by a student who has previously excelled in the course and who continues to be actively involved by attending lectures, taking notes and serving as a model student in the classroom. SI sessions are held outside of class where SI leaders facilitate discussions and study activities that allow students to prepare for exams, clarify questions and master course materials by working together in a cooperative learning environment.
Why should I attend SI?
- It’s FREE!
- Students who attend SI statistically earn higher grades than those who do not attend.
- 1 hour of SI = 2 hours of independent study.
- SI is led by a student who has already earned an A in the course.
- SI meetings occur weekly, giving students an additional way to better understand course material and to clarify questions they may have about readings or lecture notes.
Classes Offered Fall 2017:
- ANSI 3423: Animal Genetics
- BIOL 1114: Introductory Biology
- CHEM 1314: General Chemistry
- CHEM 1414: General Chemistry for Engineers
- ECON 1113: The Economics of Social Issues
- ECON 2103: Introduction to Micro Economics
- GEOL 1014: Geology and Human Affairs
- GEOL 1114: Physical Geology
- NSCI 2114: Principles of Human Nutrition
*SI Leader Office Hours are held on a walk-in basis in the Academic Development Center unless otherwise noted. The ADC is located in the Kerr-Drummond Mezzanine.