- Supplemental Instruction
- Academic Success Coaching
- About Us
Become an SI Leader
If you are interested in becoming an SI Leader, please carefully read the following requirements and expectations.
To become an SI Leader, complete the application packet (available below) and submit it along with transcripts and a recommendation form filled out by an OSU faculty or staff member. We also need a copy of your resume, unofficial transcript, and course schedule for the semester you intend to work. Once all the required documents have been received, your application will undergo preliminary review within 10 business days. Successful candidates will be required to meet LASSO's basic requirements.
Before hiring, all LASSO SI Leaders must:
- Be a current undergraduate student at Oklahoma State in good standing
- Meet the employment criteria set by the University
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA in 30 or more completed credit hours
- Have completed the course and have earned an "A"
- Complete a hiring interview with the SI staff
Work Expectations for SI Leaders:
- Attend and participate in all mandatory trainings
- Work an average of 10 paid hours in a week, earning $9 per hour for the first semester (pay is increased to $10 per hour after two semesters of employment)
- Attend all lectures for the subject for which you serve as an SI Leader
- Facilitate three 50-minute SI sessions per week
- Conduct 2 drop-in tutoring hours (Office Hours) each week at the Academic Development Center
- Create a session plan prior to holding a session and maintain attendance records
- Meet with instructor regularly
- Attend mandatory meetings (bi-weekly with Supervisor, monthly with fellow Leaders)