LASSO Tutoring FAQ
- What is the cost of a LASSO Tutoring appointment?
LASSO tutoring appointments come at no additional charge to the student. The only charges associated with LASSO Tutoring are with "no show" fees. These are scheduled appointments that the student does not attend and does not cancel ahead of time. The "no show" fee is $10.
- How do I sign up for a tutor?
Go to star.okstate.edu and log in. Once logged in you will see a get tutoring button. From there you will be able to schedule an appointment with LASSO Tutoring.
- I've signed up, what's next?
You will receive a confirmation email the day you scheduled the appointment and a reminder email prior to the date of your tutoring sessions with the details of the appointment.
- Where do I meet my tutor?
For the Fall 2020 semester appointments will occur virtually using the WebEx platform. You will receive the link to your tutor's WebEx room via a confirmation and reminder email.
- How can I have a successful tutoring experience?
Come ready to learn! Make sure you have all the materials for your course at hand. Do your best to have clear ideas about where you feel you need the most help. Be open and honest with your tutor during a session. Don't expect to be given answers, but a process that helps you gain clarity and develop the tools necessary to succeed at the subject being discussed.
- Will I always see the same tutor?
This cannot be guaranteed due to scheduling logistics. However, you can individually pick out your tutor when making appointments. If you develop a good rapport with a tutor, you can discuss with them on the best times for you two to work together and schedule appointments in advance.
- How do I cancel a tutoring appointment?
The best way is to use the Star System and to cancel the appointment from your calendar. You can also call LASSO at 405-744-3309 or email us at email@example.com. To avoid a "No Show" fee, you need to cancel your appointment by 9:00 pm the night before your appointment.
- What is the deadline for scheduling a tutoring appointment?
Appointments must be made at least 12 hours in advance to allow our tutors to be prepared for each session.
- Will LASSO tutoring help me with a take-home or online quiz?
LASSO Tutoring cannot help directly with take-home assignments or quizzes.
- Will a LASSO tutor help me with my homework?LASSO tutoring sessions cannot be based around completing assignments, but assignments can be used as starting points for the tutoring session.