LASSO Center: Tutoring
LASSO Tutoring FAQ
- What is the cost of a LASSO Tutoring appointment?
LASSO tutoring appointments come at no additional charge to the student.
- How do I sign up for a tutor?
You can sign up through your student portal.
- I've signed up, what's next?
You will receive a confirmation email the day you scheduled the appointment and a reminder email prior to the date of your tutoring sessions with the details of the appointment.
- Where do I meet my tutor?
Appointments occur in-person or virtually. In person appointments meet in the basement of the classroom building. Check-in with the front desk in 021 Classroom Building, and they will pair you with your tutor. If you are scheduled to meet virtually, you will receive a confirmation email and a reminder email with your tutor's Zoom link.
- How can I have a successful tutoring experience?
Come ready to learn! Make sure you have all the materials for your course at hand. Do your best to have clear ideas about where you feel you need the most help. Be open and honest with your tutor during a session. Don't expect to be given answers, but a process that helps you gain clarity and develop the tools necessary to succeed at the subject being discussed.
- Will I always see the same tutor?
This cannot be guaranteed due to scheduling logistics. However, you can individually pick out your tutor when making appointments. If you develop a good rapport with a tutor, you can discuss with them on the best times for you two to work together and schedule appointments in advance.
- How do I cancel a tutoring appointment?
You can call LASSO at 405-744-3309 or email us at email@example.com. Please cancel your appointment by 9:00 pm the night before your appointment when possible to give tutors appropriate notice of the cancellation.
- What is the deadline for scheduling a tutoring appointment?
Appointments must be made at least 12 hours in advance to allow our tutors to be prepared for each session.
- Will LASSO tutoring help me with a take-home or online quiz?
LASSO Tutoring cannot help directly with take-home assignments or quizzes.
- Will a LASSO tutor help me with my homework?
LASSO tutoring sessions cannot be based around completing assignments, but assignments can be used as starting points for the tutoring session.
- What if I don't see my course listed?If you need help with a course not listed on the LASSO tutoring page, please fill out our Course Request Form. If a tutor cannot be identified, LASSO staff will gladly provide you with alternative options when available.
Contact The LASSO Center
Our staff is ready to answer any questions you have about the LASSO Center and our services.The LASSO Center021 Classroom Building, Stillwater, OK firstname.lastname@example.org