Pre-Professional Health & Law Support Services
3 Steps for Prospective Candidates: OSU-COM Guaranteed Interview Program
Program, Eligibility & Applying
About Program & Benefits
- Overview: How Program WorksThe OSU-COM Guaranteed Interview Program allows OSU-Stillwater students a clear path to earn a medical school interview opportunity with the OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM) admissions committee.
- Meet all OSU-Stillwater Guaranteed Interview Program specified eligibility requirements and qualifications listed below.
- OSU-Stillwater students who fully qualify apply during their final year at OSU or within six months following graduation window.
- Applicants may only qualify for the OSU-COM Guaranteed Interview Program for one application cycle.
- Benefits of Program
- Medical schools across the country, including OSU-COM receive thousands of medical school applications every year and only invite a few hundred, highly qualified candidates to interview.
- This program provides OSU-Stillwater undergraduate students with a clear path to earn a guaranteed interview with the OSU-College of Osteopathic Medicine admissions committee.
Eligibility & Qualifications
- Who Should Apply?OSU-Stillwater undergraduate students who have decided to become a physician and are interested to practice as an Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.). Additionally, you must be a:
- Permanent resident of the United States.
- Academically high-achieving, full-time OSU-Stillwater student.
- Applicant with a strong dedication towards the medical profession and in health-related setting(s) experiences.
- Note: The OSU-COM Guaranteed Interview Program opportunity is open to all OSU-Stillwater undergraduate majors.
- Program Pre-Qualifications
- Full-time student (12 semester credit hours fall/spring) at OSU-Stillwater.
- 3.5 or better overall grade point average (GPA).
- Score a minimum of 502 or better on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT).
- Minimum of 500 hours in a health-related setting(s) at the time of OSU-COM AACOMAS application.
- First-time applicant to apply to the OSU-COM Guaranteed Interview Program.
- What is Considered "Health-Related" Experiences?
- Both paid and unpaid work/public service in a health or health-related field where you are not directly responsible for a patient’s care but may still have patient interaction.
- For example: filling prescriptions, performing clerical work, delivering patient food, cleaning patients and/or their rooms, administering food or medication, taking vitals or other record keeping information, working as a scribe, CNA, medical assistant, dental assistant, patient care tech, phlebotomist, pharmacy technician, EMT, etc.
- Shadowing, clinical research and/or any direct observation or participation in patient care in a clinic, hospital or with a physician or dentist is considered acceptable. However, we prefer a demonstration of direct, hands-on patient care experience in your candidacy.
- Virtual shadowing is also considered acceptable.
- Program Courses Pre-Eligibility
- Complete your bachelor's degree before matriculation (entry) to OSU-College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Complete all OSU-COM admission prerequisite course requirements prior to medical school matriculation (entry).
- Note: This includes specific OSU-COM admissions specific prerequisite courses:
- English, 2 semesters - ENGL 1113 & ENGL 1213
- Biology, 2 semesters (including laboratory) – BIOL 1114 & BIOL 1604
- General Chemistry, 2 semesters – CHEM 1314 & CHEM 1515
- Physics, 2 semesters – PHYS 1114 and PHYS 1214
- Organic Chemistry, 2 semesters – CHEM 3053, CHEM 3153 and CHEM 3112
- At least one upper-division (3000-4000) level science course, including but not limited to:
- Human Anatomy or Comparative Anatomy;
- Molecular Biology;
- Cellular Biology;
- Embryology; or
Final Steps: Preparing to Apply
- When Do I Officially Apply?OSU-Stillwater candidates who are pre-eligible and pre-qualified should apply for the OSU-COM Guaranteed Interview Program during:
- Their final year of undergraduate studies or within six months following graduation.
- Please plan accordingly for your appropriate, eligible OSU-COM admissions application cycle.
- Note: Applicants can only apply once for the OSU-COM Guaranteed Interview Program. No exceptions.
- Schedule/meet with OSU-COM Admissions or
- Schedule an appointment with OSU Pre-Professional Health & Law Support Services.
- Anticipate attending the free OSU-Stillwater PAC Workshop (mid-fall semester) to begin your official OSU-Stillwater PAC application. The OSU-Stillwater PAC application and interview process (preferred) can provide you one letter of recommendation for OSU-COM.
- Anticipate starting your official OSU-COM application (opens every May) via AACOMAS.
- Anticipate indicating your OSU-COM Guaranteed Interview Program candidacy on your official OSU-COM secondary/supplemental application after your AACOMAS application. Complete before the OSU-COM deadline.
- Anticipate completing the CASPer situational judgement test required by OSU-COM admissions. Applicants are required to complete the CASPer test before OSU-COM will render an admissions decision.
- Full professional school interview resources for OSU students, including CASPer resources available.
- Official Application Materials RequiredThe following items entail all official application materials required by the listed deadlines for full OSU-COM Guaranteed Interview Program Admissions Consideration:
- Minimum of 500 hours in a health-related setting at the time of application - Due by OSU-COM AACOMAS Application.
- Score a minimum of 502 on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) - Due by OSU-COM AACOMAS Application.
- OSU-COM AACOMAS Application - Due February 28th of your eligible application cycle.
- OSU-COM supplemental/secondary application - Due March 30th of your eligible application cycle.
- *One letter of recommendation from OSU PAC committee - Due March 30th of your eligible application cycle.
- OSU-COM Guaranteed Interview Application & Interview: What To ExpectUpon successful completion and submission of all required items before the required OSU-COM Guaranteed Interview Program deadlines:
- Anticipate indicating your OSU-COM Guaranteed Interview Program candidacy on your official OSU-COM secondary application.
- Anticipate completing the CASPer situational judgment test required by OSU-COM Admissions. OSU-COM Admissions requires this before they will render an admissions decision.
- Qualified applicants will be guaranteed an interview with OSU-COM admissions.
- Final Decisions: What To Expect
- All applicants will either be accepted for medical school admission or will advised to re-apply for admission during the following application cycle or when you feel more holistically prepared in a future cycle.