Pre-Professional Health & Law Support Services
3 Steps for Accepted Candidates: OSU-COM 3+1 Program
Post-Acceptance & Final Steps
I've Been Accepted: Next Steps
- What Does Provisional Early Acceptance Mean?OSU-Stillwater students successfully admitted into the OSU-COM 3+1 Program through the required candidate application and process are:
- Offered "Provisional Early Acceptance" to OSU-COM by the medical admissions committee.
- This means as long as you maintain your eligibility and successfully complete all remaining OSU-COM 3+1 requirements in the timeline specified, you have a guaranteed seat for medical school entry at OSU-College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM).
- To maintain your "Provisional Early Acceptance" status and fully matriculate to OSU-COM at the end of your spring semester in your junior year, please carefully follow all continued eligibility requirements below.
Continued Qualifications & Eligibility Requirements
- Provisional Early Acceptance: QualificationsTo maintain your OSU-COM 3+1 provisional early acceptance, students must satisfy the following qualifications and requirements:
- *Maintain 3.5 or better overall grade point average (GPA).
- *Maintain 3.5 or better science GPA.
- Submit a minimum, qualifying Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) score of 492 or better by April of your junior year.
- Continue to be in good conduct standing with the university.
- Provisional Early Acceptance: Program Courses & EligibilityTo maintain your OSU-COM 3+1 provisional early acceptance, students must satisfy the following program courses, eligibility and requirements:
- Complete all remaining undergraduate coursework required for your approved OSU-COM 3+1 degree plan by the end of spring semester of your junior year. Please continue to utilize the "Approved OSU-COM 3+1 Program" appropriate major documents on this website and plan accordingly.
- Additionally, complete all course requirements below by the end of your spring semester of junior year:
- Organic Chemistry, 2 semesters – CHEM 3053, CHEM 3153 and CHEM 3112
- At least one upper-division (3000-4000) level science course (although 3-5 courses are preferred),
including but not limited to:
- Human Anatomy or Comparative Anatomy;
- Molecular Biology;
- Cellular Biology;
- Embryology; or
- *Physics, 2 semesters - PHYS 1114 & 1214
- *All mathematics courses required for your approved OSU-COM 3+1 undergraduate degree. No exceptions.
Final Steps: Matriculation to Medical School
- I'm on Track - Provisional Early Acceptance Qualifications & Eligibility: What To
- Anticipate OSU-COM admissions may directly request or ask for any outstanding admissions items during/end of spring semester
in your junior year - prior to medical school matriculation, such as official:
- Undergraduate transcripts
- MCAT results (deadline: required by April of your junior year)
- Any other required OSU-COM medical school specific final acceptance paperwork, etc.
- Be proactive and plan early in your final spring semester of your junior year. To clarify any additional/final questions:
- Anticipate OSU-COM admissions may directly request or ask for any outstanding admissions items during/end of spring semester in your junior year - prior to medical school matriculation, such as official:
- Final Step: Get your OSU Bachelor's Degree AwardedComplete these two, important steps below to ensure your official bachelor's degree will be awarded from OSU-Stillwater.
- Submit a final, official transcript from OSU-College of Osteopathic Medicine to OSU-Stillwater, indicating all coursework successfully completed in your first year of medical school.
- Officially apply for graduation from OSU-Stillwater by the next eligible deadline listed. Remember, commencement is a "ceremony." Graduation is considered having your official bachelor's degree awarded on your permanent, official transcript at OSU-Stillwater. Please plan accordingly.