Cowboy Advisors for Reintegration & Education
What is C.A.R.E?
Cowboy Advisors for Reintegration & Education or C.A.R.E. is a student peer support program designed to assist and help military veteran students transition to Oklahoma State University (OSU).
C.A.R.E is administered and conducted by students already established at OSU. These peer advisors and team leaders are all student veterans or other military affiliated student volunteers with the goal of making your transition to OSU and Stillwater as easy as possible.
How Does it Work?
- One of our team leaders will contact you by email to welcome you to OSU
- If you elect to participate in our program, the Team Leaders will then assign a Peer Advisor to mentor you
- Your Peer Advisor will set up a face-to-face meeting for introductions and coffee
- Additional face-to-face meetings will be set up for as many times as you elect during the semester
- Your peer advisor will contact you weekly to check in and assist with any questions you may have
How C.A.R.E. can help you
- Creates a sense of connectedness and engagement with campus community
- Help normalize your transition experience
- Have a safe and supportive atmosphere for all student veterans and other military-affiliated students
- Connections to useful resources both on and off campus
- Social introductions to fellow student veterans and other military-affiliated students