- Make an Appointment
- Current Students
- Future Students
- Courses & Activities
- About Us
Enrolling & Dropping Classes
Every student must meet their academic advisor, each semester, before enrolling in classes; we also recommend students meet with their advisor prior to dropping any class.
It is advisable to schedule your appointment to discuss classes for the following semester at least two weeks prior to your actual enrollment date.
There are two ways to make an appointment to meet with your academic advisor:
- Go to http://star.okstate.edu/ to schedule your appointment through the STAR online appointment system. If you have questions about how to make an appointment online through STAR, please click here; or
- You may come in person to 214 Student Union and schedule your appointment with assistance from the front desk.
Once you have made an appointment you will receive an e-mail to your @okstate.edu address confirming the appointment.
- When you make an appointment to enroll for an upcoming semester, please make sure you review your degree sheet for the major/minors you are pursuing before seeing your advisor.
- Use the Plan Ahead feature located in the Registration section of Self Service on the myOKSTATE portal to pre-plan classes of interest to discuss with your advisor.
- Be aware of any outstanding holds that would prevent enrollment and have a plan to clear them prior to enrolling for the upcoming semester.
Check your holds using Self Service on the myOKSTATE portal to determine if you have any holds that may prevent you from making changes to your enrollment (adding or dropping a class).
Common holds include bursar bills, immunization records, missing transcripts, student conduct, advising, etc.
More information about specific holds and how to clear them is available here.
All students should discuss schedule changes with their advisor before dropping classes. First-semester students are required to meet with their advisor before they can drop any classes.
There are four drop deadlines for full-semester classes. Please review the Academic Calendar for exact dates and specific details.
- 100% Refund
- Partial Refund
- W Drop/Withdraw
- W/F Withdraw
Each deadline has different ramifications that could impact billing, financial aid, academic standing, course selection, graduation, etc.
After conferring with your advisor via e-mail or in person, you can drop the class via myOKSTATE Self Service. If you have trouble dropping online, please e-mail your advisor right away. Registration holds will prevent you from dropping online, but you may be able to drop the class in person; contact your advisor for more details.
To learn how to drop a class in Self Service, visit the Registrar's website.
Important Advising Reminders
Same-day appointments for UCA advising are available the first two weeks of the semester from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
In the fall, October & November are Advising Months. In the spring, March & April are Advising Months. During these months, we suggest making your appointment for course scheduling at least two weeks in advance of your enrollment date (near the end of November and mid-April for freshmen).