Welcome to OSU's Office of Student Veteran Success!
The Office of Student Veteran Success at Oklahoma State University (OSU) is here to aid Active Duty Military, Reservists, National Guardsmen, Veterans and their families to be successful on campus. Beyond easing the transition from military service to campus life, the staff of Student Veteran Success is here to support our veteran and military-affiliated students through graduation and onto rewarding careers and/or graduate level education programs.
We provide support to Oklahoma State University students who are veterans, active duty personnel, Reservist, National Guard members, military-dependents and all other military connected students through:
- Leveraging university resources in support of military connected students
- Facilitating campus connection and a sense of community through veteran-centered events and activities, while increasing awareness of veterans on campus within the Oklahoma State University family
- Collaborating with the office of New Student Orientation and Enrollment to ease the transition to campus life with veteran specific orientation sessions
- Advising and directing veterans to available campus based services
- Coordinating with community, state, and federal service providers, to include: Veteran Service Organizations, State of Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs, and United Stated Department of Veterans Affairs to provide services on or near campus to support veteran students
- Heightening awareness of veteran specific issues among the Oklahoma State University family
- Developing, supporting, and assisting with veteran related initiatives including: staff and faculty training (Green Zone Training), workshops, research, and other activities
- Promoting Oklahoma State University's veteran initiatives to external audiences
- Advocating to state and federal lawmakers on behalf of military connected students
The office of Veteran Benefit Services within the Registrar's Office supports student veterans, military service members, and military dependents in securing United States Department of Veterans Affairs educational benefits.
For more information contact:
Rick Hansen, CAPT USMC (Ret)
Coordinator, Student Veteran Success
104 North Classroom Building
"Rick I can’t thank you enough for all that you and this office have done for me and I look forward to working with you during my career as a student and work study employee. For the first time in over a decade I have direction and purpose, and I am fortunate to be working with so many like minded, interesting veterans that “get it.” Rhianna, Tyler, Christie, Mike, TJ, everyone has made this first week something bearable rather than overwhelming. I honestly don’t think I could do this without the support provided by this office and those in it." Elliott Heyne, Veteran student
Pictured: Elliott Heyne with Rick Hansen in front of the Veteran Success Center