The office of Student Veteran Success within University College at Oklahoma State University (OSU) is here to aid Active Duty Military, Reservists, National Guardsmen, Veterans and their families to be successful on campus. Beyond easing the transition from military service to campus life, the staff of Student Veteran Success is here to support our veteran and military-affiliated students through graduation and onto rewarding careers and/or graduate level education programs.
Our goal is to provide support to our veterans
We provide support to Oklahoma State University students who are veterans, active duty personnel, Reservist, National Guard members, military-dependents and all other military connected students.
- Leverage university resources in support of military connected students
- Facilitate campus connection and a sense of community through veteran-centered events and activities, while increasing awareness of veterans on campus within the Oklahoma State University family
- Collaborate with the office of New Student Orientation and Enrollment to ease the transition to campus life with veteran specific orientation sessions
- Advice and direct veterans to available campus based services
- Coordinate with community, state, and federal service providers, to include: Veteran Service Organizations, State of Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs, and United Stated Department of Veterans Affairs to provide services on or near campus to support veteran students
- Heighten awareness of veteran specific issues among the Oklahoma State University family
- Develop, support, and assist with veteran related initiatives including: staff and faculty training (Green Zone Training), workshops, research, and other activities
- Promote Oklahoma State University's veteran initiatives to external audiences
- Advocate to state and federal lawmakers on behalf of military connected students
The office of Veteran Benefit Services within the Registrar's Office supports student veterans, military service members, and military dependents in securing United States Department of Veterans Affairs educational benefits.
For more information contact:
Rick Hansen, CAPT USMC (Ret)
Coordinator, Student Veteran Success
405-744-9737 |104 North Classroom Building